THEÂ MOTHERSâ€™ UNIONÂ (MU)
The Mothersâ€™ Union is a worldwide society, organization or fellowship of Christian women in the Anglican Communion or Churches who accept it under the patronage of the Archbishops Bishops and Priests, joined in prayer and fellowship.Â It was founded by Mrs Mary Elizabeth Sumner in 1876 at Old Arresford in Hampshire near Winchester.
Aim:Â The aim of the Mothersâ€™ Union is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
Purpose:Â The purpose of the Mothersâ€™ Union is to be especially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
1. To uphold Christâ€™s teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wide understanding.
2. To encourage parents to bring up their children in Christian faith and life of the Church
3. To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christian, united in prayer, worship and service
4. To promote conditions in the society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
5. To help those whose family life has met adversity/problems
1. To confess the faith of Christ crucified and continue to be His faithful soldier and servant to my lifeâ€™s end
2. To uphold and support the objects of The Mothersâ€™ Union by word and action
3. To try to plan my life to include worship in church, prayer and Bible teaching
Motto: â€œI can do all things through Christ who strengthens meâ€Â Philippians 4:13